Dr. Mirna was inspired to start Hands for Life North Phoenix after learning about the many benefits it provides under served populations and communities. Her life’s passion revolves around need, and helping thosein making the process of attaining and maintaining healthy lifestyles simple and accessible to all. Before pursuing her Doctor of Chiropractic education, Dr. Mirna worked in the non-profit industry as a process and budget monitor on the local, state, and federal level. She worked with programs that focused on providing families and children with the resources they needed to better their lives through life-skills training and the like. Living by example and making education available to all provides the greatest lessons for younger generations and sets the foundation for future improvements in all aspects of health and living a meaningful life filled with purpose. The North Phoenix team of Hands for Life is dedicated to ensuring services are available to anyone who could benefit from them.
To create a natural avenue for the underserved, financial hard-shipped population throughout the world to regain their health through:
- Chiropractic care creating an efficiently running nervous system,
- Accessible clean water and healthy food,
- The opportunity to have a superior education so that each person can reach their god given potential and create a healthier world tomorrow.
Hands For Life is a non profit 501(c)3 that prides itself on looking for the “greater good” within each individual on God’s planet. We understand there may be a divide that separates people based on culture, ethnicity, race, etc., and Hands For Life sees these difference’s as reasons to unite as one! Just like a rainbow has different colors, those colors makes up its inherent beauty. HFL sees the same inherent beauty within all people on our planet. Our differences and individual uniqueness’ make our world more exciting, more educational and more real. Hands For Life is dedicated to creating a healthier world while honoring the differences amongst us. We travel the globe to touch lives and educate people about health. Through chiropractic and a natural lifestyle, along with water, food and education, Hands For Life sees its role as a facilitator to unleash the God given potential residing within each person. Sustainability, empowerment, better health and self sufficiency are what we leave behind after we touch so many. Our goal is simple: to make sure every man, woman and child have a high functioning nerve system, enough food and water for great nutrition, and an education so they can read, write, and have the basic skills so they can thrive and thus make a better contribution to the world.
We’re a family of chiropractors serving to make the world a healthier, more connected place. Our team understands the disparity in healthcare across the globe. There are some communities with access to excellent chiropractic care. There are other groups of people who have no way of receiving the benefit of chiropractic care. Our team came together to try and shrink the gap between the “haves” and the “have not’s”.
- Bachelor of Arts in Government (Comparative Politics) and Journalism, University of Texas at Austin;
- Master of Social Work (Political Social Work–macro level social work practice, community organizing, advocacy, policy development and implementation), University of Houston Graduate College of Social Work;
- Certificate in Nonprofit Governance, Rice University Leadership Institute for Nonprofit Executives (LINE);
- 20 years of professional experience and expertise gained in grant writing and grant management;
- Experience in program evaluation and reporting;
- Expertise in development communications with various donors and constituencies;
- Donor cultivation, donor relationship development, and major gift cultivation and stewardship; and
- Expertise in key policy and program areas (social welfare policy, education policy and programs, health care policy, human rights and social justice issues of significance, immigration and refugee protection policy, etc.).
- Dedicated human rights activist who loves to write, play and perform music, cook and create, and organize community.
AMANDA JUNE SAHAWNEH